Skip to content
Http VS Https
- HTTP URL in your browser’s address bar is HTTP:// and the HTTPS URL is HTTPS://.
- HTTP is unsecured while HTTPS is secured.
- HTTP sends data over port 80 while HTTPS uses port 443.
- HTTP operates at the application layer, while HTTPS operates at the transport layer.
- No SSL certificates are required for HTTP, with HTTPS it is required that you have an SSL certificate and it is signed by a CA.
- HTTP doesn’t require domain validation, whereas HTTPS requires at least domain validation and certain certificates even require legal document validation.
- No encryption in HTTP, with HTTPS the data is encrypted before sending.